[book review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - This Woman Forever (Jesse POV #3)

 

THE LORD IS BACK!

What a ride! And it's out now! 

I finished this book last night around midnight and I'm still overwhelmed. I can't actually put into words how excited I first was when the This Woman Series was announced. And I also can't put into words how eternally grateful I am for Jodie that she actually gave us Jesse's POV in three amazing and chunky books! 

You're an estate agent. - Which makes me one of the best salesmen on the planet. I could sell condoms to a convent of nuns.


I finally had time after a few very stressful weeks of work and this beauty only sitting in my kindle because I worked, showered and fell into bed. But now, with my holiday here and having a few days of calm, I got this baby done in 3 days. And I absolutely adored every page!

Jesse was the first of Jodies men I had the pleasure to meet. And he'll forever by my favourite probably. As I said before, I am eternally grateful to her for writing this. Book 4 in the This Man series was my favourite and the one I truly and hardly fell for this man after I struggled a bit through Ava's POV in the series. But seeing that there's more to him that we got before, really made me fall hard for The Lord. Having this wonderful series to devour just made it soooo much better and my love for this character even deeper.

Jodie gives so many insights into his mind and his mental state. Into his relationship with the boys and John, Into his past and his thoughts on Ava, you won't be disappointed at all if you read this, even though the story is familiar to us. So If you are a fan of her works, just go and grab this and devour it to your hearts contents. Because I certainly will if I'm through with all the other books. 

"I'm not replacing you." I breath. "Never." - I know Daddy.

So here is a small - and spoiler free - insight into my thoughts while reading the final (*cries silently*) book in the This Woman series.

What I absolutely adore where the continuous flashbacks Jesse had about his past. The talks with his brother and baby girl and of course his thoughts. It give us so much more insight about how deeply disturbed his life had been and how vulnerable and depressed he is. It also makes us understand how he often reacted as he did - which isn't always clear from Ava's POV. He loves unconditionally and has more doubts and regret than we ever thought possible when we first met him. 



This series made me cry more than I thought it would and more than I was prepared for. But to be fair, Jodie is also probably the only author who manages to make me cry my eyes out in one chapter and make me laugh out loud in the next. Jake's sarcasm and Rosie's sweet words for her Daddy truly did that as well over the last book. 

We all know the story, yes. The wedding, her being pregnant, them fighting, them making friends, them going to Paradise, Ava's company being bought and her quitting, then Lauren showing up and Jesse in hospital before we get a glimpse at the birth and their happy ever after before book 4 begins. 

But having even more of this story, more background even on Drew's story in this (before you are reading the novella normally), having more funny moments and dialogues with the boys and John, having more heartbreaking moments with Jesse's mind, all this makes this story even more perfect.

Favourite moments definitely would be Paradise, the reunion with his parents, the moments with the boys, his talks with Jake and Rosie, St James' Park and meeting his peanuts for the first time and many many more. 

Ava and I aren't normal. Never will be. Normal people don't love like we love. Normal people don't connect like we do. Normal people don't need each other to survive. Constant contact. Various forms of fucking.

This truly is the end of an Era and what a ride it has been! Thank you Jodie for giving us so much and so many wonderful moments with Ava and Jesse. I will never not be grateful for you writing the This Woman series after all these years. 

I can't wait to finally put This Woman Forever on my Jodie shelf when it hopefully arrives soon. Until then, pls share your favourite Jesse moment with me, because I am curious.

For anyone who hasn't read the books yet, go and grab it! 


Download today on Amazon, Apple Books, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo! 

Amazon: https://geni.us/uXdPN4

Apple Books: https://geni.us/sXLOQAW

Nook: https://bit.ly/4awfFyx

Kobo: https://bit.ly/3RW1Bsk


Audible: https://adbl.co/3JXY2g2

Narrated by: Shane East


Add to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3Sj7kc3




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[book-review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - With This Woman (Jesse's POV #2)

[book-review] Robert Galbraith - The Cuckoo's Calling

Valentine's Day