[book-review] Adrienne Young - Fable



Two days ago I finished this marvelous book. 

Two days ago I finished Fable by Adrienne Young.

“My father had always told me that seabirds were the souls of lost traders. To turn them away or not give them a place to land or nest was bad luck.”

I brought this ages ago because I heard so many good things about it. Well I read something else entirely and was just sick of this and grabbed something different. My choice was Fable.
And it manged to pull me out of my reading slump I was stuck in for weeks now.

“Nothing was what it seemed. Every truth was twisted. Every lie carefully constructed.”

The story starts at Jeval - an island with smugglers and thieves - and 17 year old Fable who stranded there four years ago. Stranded there after her father - famous trader - Saint, left here there because "she wasn't made for this life". The life at sea. But Fable does everything  to survive and go back to her father to prove him wrong. To claim a spot at his side. 
She trades with a young helmesman - West - who comes to Jeval with his crew and the Marigold to trade in gems and jewels. 
One night things escalate with someone from the island and she takes all her money and runs for her live. Runs to the Marigold to find shelter and passage. Despite his crew not agreeing, West takes her on and Fable finally managed to escape the small island. 
The next weeks she tries to get the respect and worked for everything she needs on the ship. No debts - one of her father's rules. 
We get to know the crew and soon Fable realizes that the Marigold holds her own secrets and is more than a simple trading ship...

“I underestimated my ability to be on this ship with you and not touch you.”

I don't want to write more about it, not to spoil everything because the story is really really good! 
It has pirate vibes, a tender and sweet love story that made my heart ache and cry at the ending of the book, mysteries to solve, villains, violence and a brilliant storyline about winning trust and more secrets from the various characters.
The end was very sweet and not too unexpected for me tbh. I really expected something to happen but not this to happen. 

The moment I started and loved this book, I immediately ordered book number two "Namesake". 
And the best thing about the two books? They fit like this and it's just beautiful... 

“You want something in this life?" She came to stand over me. "You take it, Fable.”

And more good news! If you loved the world of Fable, you'll be happy to find out, that there's a new book released that's set in the world of Fable and it's called: The Last Legacy.

Please let me know if you have read this series and what you think of it. 

Also please please please drop some piraty-novels above or on my booktwt/bookstagram under the Fable review because I really really want to read more books like this. :)

Also if you haven't read this series and you want to, go and grab that one immediately because let me say it again, it's awesome! 

“I loved her with a love that broke me.”










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[book-review] C.N. Crawford - City of Thorns (Demon Queen Trials #1)

[book-review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - With This Woman (Jesse's POV #2)

[bookreview] Jodie Ellen Malpas - This Woman (Jesses POV #1)