[book review] Greer Rivers - Bully Sunshine (novella in the Bad For Me Anthology)

 

Another ARC review since I received one and the story is out since a few days! 

Thanks to Greer Rivers for the opportunity to read her novella "Bully Sunshine" from the Bad For Me Anthology.

A book that has only Dark and Forbidden Romance stories in it.

I read it in two nights and to say that I was a bit shocked and also in love, is probably the most honest answer.


Like usual, let's start with the blurb:

๐˜ˆ 29๐˜ฌ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ, (๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ) ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ, ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ-๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜Ž๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ.

As a former Order assassin, I had everything I could ever want right at my fingertips thanks to the Crows. Money. Women. Power. And my dream career as a professor at the prestigious Graveston University.
But then ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ walked in.
My student. Pure sunshine that brightened my world.
I was obsessed with her as soon as she sat down. Then I called her name.
Everly Gable.
My stepsister. Pure ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ that will ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ my world.
I haven’t seen my bratty, gold-digging stepsister in five years, and now she’s used my father’s money to get into my school.
I won’t let this happen. If not for my school’s reputation, then at least for my sanity.
Because while I hate my stepsister, I ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ my student.
On this campus, clouded with secrets and fog, she’s my sunshine. But I’m her bully.
I’ll make her leave, destroying her before she destroys me…
… And before the Crows destroy us both.


First of all I need to say, THEY ARE NOT RELATED BY BLOOD! Otherwise I probably wouldn't have read further tbh. So to everyone being shocked right now, just calm down.

To say that this was spicy is an understatement. It was just scorching hot! And I enjoyed every side of this. Tbh I ordered the full Antology due to this short story, because the University and the Crows just made me sooo curious and for everyone who likes dark and twisted and forbidden and dangerous, you should definitely get the book!

Our couple was - just like her couples before - perfect. Both troubled in their own ways, yet working so incredibly well together and I really loved our professor. Everly was just so wonderful and I really loved her too. Obviously this also has a happy end and the bullying is just a few pages - for everyone worrying. We also see deep into Woods loathing for his sister, his own fuck ups and mistakes. Him, trying to be a good man for her in the end. We see his feelings and thoughts, see that he's more than just a dick towards her.

Please - if you're worried - check out the TW's first on Greer's website.

"You got off on being spanked, didn't you? My bad, bad girl."


Like usual I'm not one to spoil the story, so here's just a small overview past the blurb.

She is happy to see her step-brother after years of no contact, but what she doesn't expect is the chemistry between them. And neither does he. Despite him wanting to hate Everly, he falls head over heals and breaks all the rules to keep her safe and be with her. But some forces try to pull them apart and things get dangerous for both of them...

"When light shines on you... it's like sunshine."

This is now the time for me to scream that I want more of them! Woods and Everly got my heart in a moment and I neeeeed more so this is me begging on my knees to get a whole story please!????!!! *looks at Greer Rivers who hopefully reads the review, or Mr Rivers* 

So who wants some spicy forbidden romance? Then go read Bully Sunshine or the whole Bad For Me Anthology, because after this, I'm sure it won't disappoint.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[book-review] C.N. Crawford - City of Thorns (Demon Queen Trials #1)

[bookreview] Jodie Ellen Malpas - This Woman (Jesses POV #1)

[book-review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - With This Woman (Jesse's POV #2)