Job Offer - but not one I expected


Last Friday I was at the show of a friend. He's the one I often write about on Twitter when we head to dinner and the one who sings and is working with light and audio technique on big shows etc. I often help him with his shows and I also did on New Years Eve. He got himself a new professional camera then and I had the honor of doing one of two cameras that night. When 2020 didn't look that bad of a year. 

Well last Friday he had a tiny show with some friends and I promised I'd show up. Due to my back problems I wasn't any help at all but it was nice seeing him. Although I swear wearing a mask in a stuffier room is no fun for nearly 4h *laughs* Anyway I had a talk with his dad's friend - nice older guy who's supporting his firm and him. He got me outside to talk because he said he had something important to tell me. 

First he got me 100 bucks for helping all the time with the show and I was surprised. Then he told me that he got the film from New Year to a guy who explained to him how to cut it and make a promo movie out of it and the guy had seen my camera work of that day and apparently was stunned and asked who did it. He told him and he asked if I was doing professional work in this area. When he denied apparently the "camera guy" (let's call him that for now bc I've not rlly an idea what he's doing or who he is) was even more interested in me and bluntly offered me a job for a training for professional camera work. I was shocked when my friend's friend told me. 

So now I'm here, thinking about this offer for a week now. I mean I'm honored but is it really a offer to quit my safe job and start another training (with less payment) in Munich? Munich's about 200km away from my place and a flat or anything is not rlly affordable with a low salary. And I'd have another training that wouldn't even start until in two or three years - he's already got a new trainee this September. Then the next thought of mine is, if I'd do it and accept it and all, will I find a good job? I'd have to move bc there's no job like this here in a tiny city in the country.

I guess you guys understand my struggle at the moment so any thoughts on this? Do you guys know anyone who's working in this business and has experience? Feel free to tell me your thoughts in the comments or on my Twitter.

So you see, I was happy to get a job offer but this was definitely not one I expected. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[book-review] C.N. Crawford - City of Thorns (Demon Queen Trials #1)

[book-review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - With This Woman (Jesse's POV #2)

[bookreview] Jodie Ellen Malpas - This Woman (Jesses POV #1)