[Book Tag] The Piano Playlist

Welcome to my first official BookTwitter Blog post! Well or more Book Tag post. 

I had no idea that Book Tag's are a thing but here we are. Thanks for the tag to Haadiya for the tag on Twitter. Pls go and follow her here and check out her brilliant blog here. Thank you also to Moi at Bookish Blunders for starting this tag and making the wonderful artwork to it :)  


Here are the rules

- Post the rules in your post. 

- Answer all the questions and if you’ve never heard any of the songs, listen to them before you answer the questions. 

- Link the creator and the person who nominated you (see above).

- Nominate 8 people. Only 8. (Why? There’s no Symphony no. 9, so) 


- Use the featured image I’ve posted on this tag. (artwork by Moi from Bookish Blunders)



Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata: A book you read that had an unexpected plot twist near the end

This is a hard question... I guess it'll be a German book here called Gut gegen Nordwind by Daniel Glattauer (the English translation is Love Virtually).

I don't want to spoil anything so the book starts with  Leo getting the wrong e-mail. And after it happens again he and Emmi - the one who send the mail - start chatting via mail. It's a brilliant romantic novel only written in e-mails and the end is pretty unexpected to be honest.


Lizst – La Campanella: A book that you couldn’t even finish


There are a few lately because I'm simply not fully in the mood to read. Mostly because of my regularly headaches or the fact that I'm exhausted from work. But one that's completely bugging me and one that I've DNF'd for a second time this year is Lethal White by Robert Galbraith. I loved the first three books. I love the Cormoran Strike series so much, but the fourth one feels just so different from the others and "wrong". It's a shame because I've the fifth book already on my shelf and can't wait to read it but this one is a pain in the ass right now. ^^  


Rimsky-Korsakov – Flight of the Bumblebee: A book that was crazy and chaotic that you couldn’t even figure out what was happening

Cursed Child -  I mean what the hell was that even? Had anyone an idea what was going on the entire book? I certainly didn't and it ended up in the back of my bookshelf to be honest.


Mozart – Rondo Alla Turca: A book that is so over-recommended that everyone and their grandma has read it (it’s still good, though)


I love classics! So I'll go with a classic one for this piano piece and say Hamlet by Shakespeare. Yes, an unusual one you might think, but it's actually my favorite piece of him. The whole story is so dark and twisted and full of pain it's brilliant! I read it as a teenager in school because I was quite bored in our lessons so I usually had a book under the table with me and I read a lot of classics back then. The Count of Monte Cristo, The Three Musketeers, Shakespeare, Schiller, Goethe, Wuthering Heights and so on. I also fell deeply in love with Hamlet when I first saw Benedict Cumberbatch's performance of it in a cinema in Munich. Just, wow... 

Beethoven – Für Elise: A book that has been one of your favourites for ages

If you define "for ages" as "as long as I read, I'd probably say it's probably another classic; T
he Three Musketeers
by Alexandre Dumas. I can't actually remember how often I have read that book. How often I held it in my hands and was captured by the story. How often I watched the illustrations in it and smiled at the four friends defying the cardinal. 


Chopin – Fantaisie-Impromptu: A book that is high up on your to be read list


Beside the fact that I probably have a hundred or more unread books in my flat, the one I'm most excited about to read would definitely be These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong. I'm sure most of you have probably  read it already. I heard so many good things about it and besides a stunning cover, the synopsis completely fascinated me. A Romeo and Juliette re-tale in the 1920s in Shanghai? Count me in! Especially if it's an Enemies to Lovers and with lot's of history in it. I mean what's not to love? I also pre-ordered the second book Our Violent Ends who will be released in November 2021.


Beethoven – Sonata No. 17 “Tempest” 3rd Movement: A book that you love but isn’t that well-known

That would be another German one called Die Henkerstochter by Oliver Pötsch (translated it's The
Hangman's daughter
). First book in a series about the hangman Kuisel and his daughter Magdalena. A historical novel based on the fact that one of his family member's was a Kuisel and a hangman in the late middle ages in Schongau. The town, Schongau, is also famous for their theater plays about the witch burning and my granddad lives about 5km away from it :) It's a lovely town with a historical city. But back to the book. As I said it's about the hangman and his family. His daughter and he solve crimes that occur in the town/ around the town so it's also a bit of a crime novel. It's brilliantly written. I especially love it because I know the town/ region. Also Oliver Pötsch is a wonderful human being. I met him due to a reading of his new book  a few years back. 


Mozart – Eine Kleine Nachtmusik: A book that is extremely long, but you still like it

I can't think of a really long book at the moment... I guess I'll go with The Lord of the Rings. Some chapters felt endless but I got through with it and loved it. Despite the endless conversation in the meeting at Rivendel in the Fellowship of the Ring. Despite the whole journey through Mordor in The Return of the King or the endless chapters after the return to the Shire. I loved it and one day I will read it again and be once more stunned by the exceptional writing and creating of Middle Earth by Tolkien. By the poems and songs. By Tom Bombadil and Goldberry. But today is not that day... 


Debussy – Clair De Lune: A book that was wonderful from start to finish

This is a 100% Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard. A wonderful romance novel with 4 books so far in the series. It's brilliantly written with lot's of stuff about Dante and my heart is aching only thinking about it. For more insight into this wonderful book, please read my latest blog post with the review to Gabriel's Inferno



And with this we're at the end of The Piano Playlist and I only need to do some tagging. I will tag the people on my Book Twitter account because I sadly don't know any blog links and my internet is slow as hell today... 

Thank you so much again for the tag and happy reading everyone! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[book-review] C.N. Crawford - City of Thorns (Demon Queen Trials #1)

[book-review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - With This Woman (Jesse's POV #2)

[bookreview] Jodie Ellen Malpas - This Woman (Jesses POV #1)