[review] Bad Boys For Life




My most anticipated movie this month and I already loved the trailer so I was quite excited to see it on Valentines Day after Parasite.
There one simple thing to say it: I absolutely loved it!
I was quite happy to see the boys back in action, being all funny and sassy and having also a few ups and downs.


Bad Boys, Bad Boys
Watcha Gonna Do, Watcha Gonna Do
When They Come For You

We had the beloved Bad Boys Theme with a shot over Miami and the water and a car chase in the beginning. You can see Mike and Marcus driving in his Porsche through the city, followed by some cops with sirens following them. It's quite funny and so familiar when Marcus freaks out while Mike is driving and Mike is just all sassy. I loved it.
The a big reveal, Marcus is a granddaddy now! Awww cuties. Mike, the Captain and all the others are celebrating in a bar and after, Marcus tells him he want's to retire for good. Mike challenges him to a race and the one who wins the run, decides what will happen. Retirement or Bad Boys until the end. 
Mike got shot then and all this crap started... 
He tries to find the one who assassinated him and meanwhile you can see the one who did, committing more murders out of revenge that are all linked to an old case.
Mike obviously makes it although I cried when it wasn't sure at all. We get a wedding and a sudden break up of my two Bad Boys due to different opinions on the job and how to go on.

They start to investigate the shooting and Mike has to learn to work with the "kids" from AMMO. Marcus retires and I laughed so much when I saw the name in Mike's phone when Marcus called. Don't want to spoil it but just pay attention there. *laughs*
After a while the two of them continue to work together and we have the usual familiar investigations, another unexpected dead that totally made me cry... A lot. And the big finally coming near and the boys teaming up for "one last ride together". Chills...
AMMO is helping them and I love the young team as well as our old baddies. They work quite well and the story line was quite good and also a bit unexpected.
Grand finale in Mexico and a happy end I would say.

Don't want to tell you all more because spoilers. ;)

It was brilliant seeing the boys back in action. There also were familiar scenes and the usual jokes but I can assure you, if you loved the boys and the movies before, you'll like this one as finale and familiar ending. I did at least.
Soundtrack was brilliant as well, completely addicted to these Spanish and summer vibes in it. Also brilliant shots and Will Smith still looks quite hot.
As I said, I mostly liked it because it was so familiar and yet new and like the old ones. Funny, full of action and even tears for me.

We ride together. We die together. Bad Boys for Life.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[book-review] C.N. Crawford - City of Thorns (Demon Queen Trials #1)

[book-review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - With This Woman (Jesse's POV #2)

[book-review] Robert Galbraith - The Cuckoo's Calling