[review] Knives Out

So last weekend I finally started to use my 30-day-cinema-ticket I got and started the upcoming movie-marathon with "Knives Out".
A movie I wanted to watch since the trailer for some reasons. The cast, Chris Evans, the story, James Bond, Chris Evans. ^^

So here's my review of the movie and I'm trying to do this as spoiler-free as possible.



It first of all is a crime movie and I'm really into these thb. Well the trailer looked interesting, also the cast is amazing. So I called a friend and we headed to a late night viewing. She later said "I would have never watched this movie without you dragging me into it, but I absolutely loved it." So I guess that's saying something.


The movie started with a rich novelist - Harlan Thrombey - found dead in his rooms, cut throat and nothing suspects a murder. So the police just asks the family about what could make him do it on the night of his 85th birthday party. With the police arrives a private detective Benoit Blanc who immediately seems to have a huge number of suspects in the family of Thrombey. Everyone could have done it but still the evidence suspects suicide. Only the nurse - Martha - seems to know more and is from now on helping Benoit Blanc during his investigations. We soon find out what happend that night with a flashback and who the murderer is. Yes, it turned out it was murder. But still Blanc is continuing his investigations. The opening of will is quite frustrating for the family because the house and all the money will go to the Nurse Martha. In all this confusion and anger of the family the only one who helps her is the black sheep of the family: Ransom. She explains to him what happens and then they try to solve everything when a second murder occurred. This time it's Fran, the housekeeper. After a lot of confusion Blanc finally revealed the killer and it's not the one you might expect in the beginning.
I don't want to spoil much of the plot so that was it.

The movie was quite long with about 131min and I was quite shocked that they revealed so much in the beginning but it was a brilliant plot, the cast was awesome, laughed a lot and absolutely loved it. Brilliant crime movie with fun and not too dark and pretty cool changing plot and murderer.
Also I love Granny! ^^

So if you've an opportunity to see it, go and do so. If you loved Murder on the Orient Express or are into crime novels, I guess you'll like this. It's also just awesome if you want to see Chris Evans in a sweater ;)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[book-review] C.N. Crawford - City of Thorns (Demon Queen Trials #1)

[book-review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - With This Woman (Jesse's POV #2)

[bookreview] Jodie Ellen Malpas - This Woman (Jesses POV #1)