[review] Parasite

On Friday, yes Valentines Day, I decided to have a long movie night with two movies. First one was Parasite. I was curious what all this fuss was about and I had no clue what I would watch because I have never seen any trailer or heard anything about it before the Oscars. So I decided to give it a try and find out for myself what it was about and if it deserved an Oscar for Best Movie in my opinion. I can tell you one thing. I understand the fuss about it and it was a brilliant movie. Totally deserved an Oscar for sure.

Like usual I'm trying to do this as spoiler free as possible.


First of all, I was prepared to read subtitles for the next 132 minutes but it actually was dubbed in German. So it was quite nice to fully concentrate on the cinematography and the movie itself.

It started with getting to know the family Kim who's poor and living in a basement flat. One night a friend of the young son shows up and asks him to teach a young girl from a rich family - the Parks - in English while he's away on a semester abroad. He promises to do so, mostly because they need the money. He gets the job as teacher of the young girl and is furthermore called Kevin. Mrs Parks is quite unwary and after a while Kevins' sister starts to work for the Parks as well as Miss Jennifer. After a while the whole family takes place of the old staff and all seems to go well until one night. There's a big secret revealed, the whole thing escalates and there's also happening a murder.
I don't want to reveal a lot more or the whole plot is ruined.

All in all it was a brilliant plot and movie. Didn't expected the ending but totally loved it. The soundtrack was also quite brilliant and made the movie more intense. Some things were obvious, but the big reveal definitely not. Loved it and it's definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[book-review] C.N. Crawford - City of Thorns (Demon Queen Trials #1)

[bookreview] Jodie Ellen Malpas - This Woman (Jesses POV #1)

[book-review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - With This Woman (Jesse's POV #2)