[writing] NaNoWriMo 2021

 Hello guys! 

It was time for another post about my writing and this time it'll be about NaNoWriMo


For all who don't know - because I didn't until last year - NaNoWriMo means National Novel Writing Month. And it's exactly what it sounds like.

Every year in November said page announces the big NaNo. A project where you can set your goals for writing a novel/story/ etc. 
But you don't only set your goal at 50k words and update it. You also can meet up with friends and write with other's who try themselves on a story. 

I got several for example. My novel - i'm working on for years in the dark - and some fanfictions I want to finish. Being sick this week is only a bonus of time although I feel shitty as hell and am in constant pain so fingers crossed I at least get my fanfictions finished for NaNo.
The good thing about NaNo is to meet other people interested in writing and having a good statistic how much you've written etc. 
I'm trying it for the first time this year and hope I manage to get some things done and so far it does look good. :)

I wanted to share this with you, because NaNoWriMo is not only in November but got various small writing events over the year and you can keep track of your stuff. 
If you got an account, feel free to send me a buddie invitation on my account fandomtrash2611


How's my writing in general you might ask yourself now? Well quite ok. 
I just finished a new Strike fanfiction, called Dress and my biggest fic yet, What If

Finishing 'What If' was hard for me because the story meant a lot to me. Saying goodbye to my Strike AU was hard and left me in tears in some ways. But still I'm grateful to say, that I wrote over 150k words for it and it has nearly reached 9k hits on AO3. 
It makes me quite happy that - despite missing a beta (if you read this and are interested, slipp into my inbox or write on my twitter) - people seem to read and like my stories.

But here's the most important thing: I still don't know how to fully go on with my novel. I'm currently re-writing the beginning and I'm not even finished with draft 1! *sigh* So the struggle is real and I'm not even sure if I'm not a bit too mainstream with my story so far. 

I also heard that there's a fantastic book - like a manual - by Christopher Vogler called 'The Writers Journey' and I NEEEEED this! Apparently it's really helpful and I can't wait to grab a copy of it next month for Christmas. As my own present so to speak. Except one of you want to make me happy ;) For anyone interested in this book bc you think it could be helpful for your own writing, it's on my wishlist you can find on my booktwt account here. :) 

I also hope, that I'll get some more writing done before my week off from 22nd to 30th November bc it's my so called 'Birthday Week'. A week full of birthdays, starting with my dad (22nd), followed by a friend (25th) and ending with mine (26th) and I bet it will be full of cakes, present packing and coffee dates with my parents. Not sure if any of my friends will visit bc right now I'm extremely anxious with COVID and not fully ready to meet anyone without mask or being outside. Damn anxiety! 

So enough rambling on about writing now and I'll get back to it. 
I really hope you have a good time for everyone doing NaNo and your writing is going well. 

Also I'm thinking about posting more of it on my private Instagram account @principiantes. But we'll see about that. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[book-review] C.N. Crawford - City of Thorns (Demon Queen Trials #1)

[book-review] Jodie Ellen Malpas - With This Woman (Jesse's POV #2)

[bookreview] Jodie Ellen Malpas - This Woman (Jesses POV #1)